This month’s question: “I’m putting on a multi-day event. What are my food and beverage options while on campus?”
Denitsa: Planning for food and beverages at your event can be stressful, complicated, and time-consuming. In consultation with our on-campus contracted food service provider (ARAMARK), we are here to you with a variety of food and beverage service options, dining location flexibility, menu customization, and expert assistance in designing this very important component of your event.
The key to planning your events’ food and beverage service is knowing your purpose (how formal/informal your event is), your audience, your budget, and any applicable food and beverage policies. A great meal can enhance the overall spirit of an event.
- Is any part of your program a formal sit-down dinner or a networking-style cocktail reception? If so, you can choose from a large selection of items available through our on-campus catering provider; from seasonal and custom menus, linen and table decor to environment-friendly cutlery and the chef’s expert advice on the best food and beverage combinations. The staff is also happy to provide special meals for any of your guests that may be vegetarian or vegan, have a food allergy, or need an accommodation to a pre-set menu.
- As you may be on campus for several days, perhaps the Dining Commons is your best bet. This is an all-you-care-to-eat option with several buffet-style choices including a salad bar, pizza station, and themed menu items. This is a great way for your attendees to create their own unique meal so you don’t have to figure a set menu for everyone. If you’re staying with us in Conference Housing, meals get pre-loaded on each guest’s card for easy swiped entry.
- Do you need a quick lunch for your attendees? How about a boxed lunch delivered directly to your meeting space? Box lunches give you the ease of continuing your business with minimal distraction or sending your guests on their way at the end of the program.
- Are you hoping for your attendees to mingle and get to know each other during breakfast? A catered buffet is a great way to go. You can also arrange for a pizza party or birthday celebration in the Student Union Game Room for a fun atmosphere.
- If you want to give your attendees the freedom and ability to choose their own lunch perhaps consider retail vouchers. They are available in different denominations and can be used at most of the campus retail locations such as Metro Pizza, Subway, Starbucks, Einstein Bros, and more.
Whatever your choices may be, your Conference & Event Coordinator is here to help you make the best food and beverage selections for your event.
Each month we’ll be answering your questions! Ever wonder what microphone to use for a musical performance? Don’t know how best to select a catering menu? We’ll assist you with some of your event planning quandaries and get you on the road for a successful program. Message, tweet (@UNLV_SUES), or comment here to send us your questions!